If you want to be notified about new questions and their solutions for Physics and Mathematics, please leave your name and email address and we shall send you a message.
Phone number is not compulsory, but if you want to be notified by WhatsApp app, please enter your phone number also.
1. Differentiate between periodic and aperiodic signals.
2. How can transmissions be impaired? What are the different types of transmission impairments?
3. What is multiplexing? When is multiplexing useful?
4. Describe the characteristics of ring / bus / mesh topology.
5. What is CSMA/CD?
6. Explain the synchronous and asynchronous modes of transmission.
7. Describe line configuration with suitable example.
8. Explain statistical TDM.
9. Differentiate between baseband and broadband transmissions.
10. What is meant by cyrptography? Explain affice cipher.
11. Highlight the differences between OSI and TCP/IP models.
12. Discuss the functions of the following layers of the OSI model: Network layer, transport layer.
13. What is the function of SMTP? What is the difference between the user agent (UA) and mail transfer agent (MTA)?
14. Explain the term media access control.
15. Describe the characteristics of start topology.
16. Describe the time domain view of signal propagation.
17. Explain the relation between data rate and bandwidth.
18. Explain FDM with suitable diagram.
19. What is a bridge? What functions does it perform?
20. Describe the OSI model and indicate the functions performed by each layer.
21. Differentiate between circuit switching and packet switching.
22. Write a note on polling controlled access.
23. Write a shortnote on bluetooth.
24. Write a short note on coaxial cable and fibre optic cable.
25. Describe the terms ‘sliding window’ and ‘piggy backing’.
26. What is UDP? Explain the UDP packet frame format.
27. What is a firewall/ Sate the design goals of firewall. What are the limitations of firewall?
28. What i a digital signature? Explain its working. Give two examples where digital signatures are used nowadays.
29. Explain the working of DES.
30. Explain the role of DHCP.
31. What are the advantages of IPv6?
32. What is authentication? Explain the reasons for authentication failure.
33. Explain cipher text, caesar cipher and Verman cipher techniques.
34. What is encryption and decryption of messages? Explain in detail. What is their importance in transmitting information over the Internet?
35. What is meant by public key and private key in cryptography? Why are two keys required to pass information?
36. What is meant by plain text and cipher text? What are the possible methods to convert plain text into cipher text?
37. What is meant by brute force attack? Explain its concept with the example of D-Hellman key exchange algorithm.
38. Distinguish between unipolar encoding and polar encoding. Explain NRZ and Manchester encoding.
39. Explain the terms data rate and error rate. State Shannon’s formula for maximum channel capacity and explain how the terms in the formula affect the actual data rate.
40. Explain RIP.
41. What is congestion? What do you mean by open-loop congestion control? Explain any two types of open-loop congestion control.
42. What is HDLC? State the different types of frames of HDLC.
43. State and explain the various classes in classful addressing.
44. Explain any three network connectivity devices.
45. Explain the method of checksum error detection.
46. Explain the different types of DNS servers and explain their role.
47. Write a note on symmetric key encryption.